Live with a family
Practice, Practice, Practice!
The best way to learn Spanish.
Living with a Guatemalan host family can be an excellent learning opportunity for you to practice your Spanish, increase your vocabulary and learn first hand about Guatemala. By staying with a family, you will learn local customs and culture firsthand.
We carefully screen and select Guatemalan families to be sure you will be clean, comfortable and secure. You will have a private room with bathing privileges and three meals daily Monday through Saturday. The drinking water is purified and your home hygienic. Those on a vegetarian diet can be comfortably accommodated. Please Note: On Sundays the host family does not provide food.
The opportunity to eat and converse with your host family is a perfect way to increase your vocabulary as well as practice what you learn every day, You will be surprised at how willing they are to help you practice and learn their language.
NOTE: Living with a family is optional. We also have rooms available on the school grounds (see below) or you can make your own arrangements.
- A room for 1, 2 or 3 people with private bath with shower
- Free WiFi
- Hot water
- Three meals a day, six days a week
- Seven nights stay.
- The are banks and ATMs near the school.
- All our host families are located in a secure and quiet part of Panajachel, about 10 minutes by foot from the school.
- COSTS ONLY $110.00 (Q880.00) p/p per week
Living with a family gives you the opportunity to:
- The best way to learn Spanish is to live with a local family.
- Learn firsthand the local culture and customs.
- Get to know the local food.
- Establish an intercultural relationship with a Guatemalan family.
- It is far and away the least expensive option.
Live at school
Rent a room at school
We also have rooms available on the school grounds for $55.00 (Q440.00) p/p week.
If you just want to rent a room and get your food elsewhere the school has clean, secure rooms with shared or private bathrooms. WiFi is included, plus we have a TV room. Nearby you will find banks, restaurants and stores.